Poem: I exit this cliffhanger

So today was a truly amazing #8M day in which I was finally admitted as an activist for Amnistía Internacional España 😍 (tomorrow I'll write extensively about it), and it's Friday night and I feel super calm and good, with all the work on point, tomorrow I will start the configuration of the platforms for the April edition of my subjects, and I felt like having some sweet, sweet time for me tonight as I listen to some meditation music and cuddle with my black precious kitty girl on my lap so... poetry time it is! 😊💗

And tonight the writer in me wanted a real challenge, so of course rhyming in English it is for a start, and then I wanted to try something new: to link literature, drama, and fiction in general in the arts to a relationship that is, per se, so problematic that has also become fictional. Of course I wrote something directly related to my healing process after my divorce, so as usual I let it all out, enjoyed immensely the process of playing with the English language, learned from the experience, and meditated deeply on what my own writings were telling me about myself. And yes, I see that I still need to go through a lot of healing lol, and even despite that, I would dare to say I'm on the right track, cause I feel better and better every day. I will be patient and trust the process and the Universe guiding me gently.

The video I always add to my writings is not music this time, but a documentary of the production and performance of Waiting For Godot (Samuel Beckett, 1952) for two reasons: first of all, because I've always felt super attracted to this play, and it's only now that I fully get the message, as regards human relationships and the expression of our inner angst, and the waiting, ah the waiting, I understand the waiting SO well now XD; and, secondly, because it is performed at San. Quentin. It is super beautiful to see these inmates doing something artistic that helps them, even if for a little moment, for a little bit, express themselves and realise that they are beyond mere prisoners and outcasts, trasncending their guilt, their sentence, and all the circumstances related to their situation. Prisoners deserve humanitarian treatment too. We all are human and should be treated as such. 

Hope you enjoy, thank you for being here and reading my stuff as usual, know that you're deeply loved my tribe 💟



I EXIT THIS CLIFFHANGER



You’ve shot your best shot, and I’ve captured your energy,

Your pose is as easy and clear to read as an open book,

And I don’t like what I’m reading, I sense no good synergy,

The plot you’ve devised for me in all this is not precisely good,

There are plenty of better-written novels for me to take a look.



So my dear one please excuse me as I exit this cliffhanger.



The stories you write in your head don’t add up to my senses,

I’m not really pleased with being your eerie fantasy now,

You focus your vision of me through dim and distorted lenses,

Always making me look like the bad one and I don’t know how,

And yet not that that matters that much to me anyhow.



So my sweetheart please excuse me as I quit this cliffhanger.



And you’ll see me in front of you, in my fleshy physical frame,

And be sure that you got me and I am now in your possession,

While I yawn at your attempts to make me play your boring game,

My dear you’re so nauseatingly alliterative in your obsession,

Trying so hard to chain me to a lousy metaphor of your pretension.



So my baby please excuse me as I leave this cliffhanger.



And I’ll be talking to you yet you’ll notice that something is missing,

Our soliloquy exchanges will lead to nothing but empty asides,

Stream of consciousness turned into a continuous, muzzled dissing

Aimed at the intent of leading my steps into your plotted storyline,

While the prompter of my soul is adamant to turn to any other side.



So my beloved please excuse me as I pull out of this cliffhanger.



And I’ll be civil and pragmatic, diplomatic and politely cruel,

Cause you won’t notice any changes in my lines addressed to you,

I will just watch your act as you pretend to be engaged in such a duel,

Not knowing that I have already been granted my turn to take the cue

And leave the stage of all those scamming schemes you put me through.



So my dear love please excuse me as I laugh out loud at your cliffhanger.




María Concepción Pomar Rosselló

No comments:

Post a Comment