My Mindomo mind maps. By María Concepción Pomar Rosselló

When I first discovered Mindomo I immediately fell in love with it. It allows adding images, videos, audios to your mind maps to make them extremely versatile and attractive. Unfortunately, now I'm more hooked to Prezi lol, which I like much better. But I have three interesting mind maps created using Mindomo that I would like to share here. They are the following:

Kiran Bir Sethi. Design For Change. This was my first Mindomo presented as an exercise for TotemGuard Academy's course of ICT tools for teachers. I loved learning about Kiran Bir Sethi and her work, and one of my dreams is to visit India some day and pay a visit to Riverside School. While I was doing my research, I discovered other Indian inspirational people, like Kiran Bedi and, above all, Sugata Mitra, the promoter of the School in the Cloud. I will also love to visit Shantiniketan School one day, Rabindranath Tagore is one of my favourite authors :)



Teachers Wanted. What does it take to be an effective teacher? This mind map is an example of a phenomenal way to organise your material and projects in an orderly manner. It focuses on the students, the setting, the materials, the contact with parents, the Intelligences by Howard Gardner and the different teaching methodologies currently in practice. I have really enjoyed designing this mind map, I hope you like it as well.



The Semantic Field of Fairy Tales. This mind map is special because it tries to gather all the necessary elements a teacher must take into account when teaching students to create their own stories, focused on fairy stories. There are large topics about the settings, the characters, the plots (referencing Vladimir Propp) and also articles and essays citing Tolkien, Clarissa Pinkola Estés, Denis Johnston. The idea is to treat fairy tales as the elements in a sentence: The subject (characters), the verb (the action carried out), the adjuncts (the setting). This is an ambitious, large lesson plan ideal to explore for teachers and writers. 



Learning to use Mindomo can seem a bit challenging at first, like when learning to use Prezi, but with a little bit of practice these tools offer endless possibilities of creation of material for our students, at any age.

Thanks for reading and kindest regards.

María Concepción Pomar

No comments:

Post a Comment